Since 1969 Nikon Corporation through the Nikon Photo Contest International has provided an opportunities for photographers around the world to communicate and to enrich image-making culture for professionals and amateurs alike.
In the last 10 years, with the wide penetration of digital cameras with video capabilities, the environment surrounding image-making has dramatically changed. Adapting to this change, the 34th contest was reconceived, changing its name and its structure, and it continues to evolve to create new standards and provide new opportunities for discovery.
The contest is open to all, professional and amateur, regardless of age, gender or nationality.
Entrants under 18 years of age require the permission of a parent or guardian. By entering the contest, entrants under 18 years of age indicate that they have obtained the permission of a parent or guardian.
The contest is not open to employees of Nikon [the “organizer”] or its subsidiaries or affiliates.
Submission Deadline: January,27, 2017
Photo Entries –
- Image data files created with any digital device including smartphones, digital still cameras [including medium and large-format cameras].
- Images that have been retouched using software or by other means will be accepted. Retouched photography using a camera app or photo editing app is also accepted.
- Both color and monochrome images will be accepted.
- File size: up to 20 MB of image data per work
- File format: JPEG/150 dpi recommended
- The standard color space for the judging process is sRGB.
Video Entries –
- A video work comprising video footage and/or still images with a length of 6 to 180 seconds.
- Any video-recording device may be used. 360° videos are restricted to edited works that do not rely upon a 360° video playback device or application for viewing.
- File size: up to 400 MB of video data at the time of submission per work. File format: MOV or MP4.
Any music used must either be copyright-free and performed and recorded by the entrant or a person designated by the entrant or be works for which the entrant holds the copyright and for which the copyright has not been transferred to a copyright collective or other body.
To REGISTER click – NIKON+PHOTOCONTEST+ENTRY
To read more click – NIKON+PHOTOCONTEST+2016/2017